|SDGs||Why?||Metrics (FY 18/19)|
Promote better education so that children, students and people across the country can access better educational opportunities, develop the skills for tomorrow and support themselves.
- 3,150+ persons received at least one training session during the last financial year
- On average our employees received 12.5 hours of training
- 23 events were organized to promote financial literacy, and digital payment
Offer equal opportunities to our employees, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, age or professional background.
- Zero-tolerance approach to discrimination
- 54% of our employees are women
- 180 women were promoted out of 353 persons
Enable Myanmar’s economy by offering our customers the products and services they need to support the development of the country.
- Almost 700,000 clients trus t Yoma Bank
- 320,000+ people benefit from our financial capacities through MFIs
- 65% of our clients use ibanking and application to access their account
- 135 suppliers were screened to ensure that they comply with our standards
- 85% of our supplier expenditure is spent on Myanmar suppliers
Help the development of quality infrastructure that will become the backbone of Myanmar’s economy.
- MMK 2,567 billion in deposit
- 15% of our capital expenditures are allocated to enhance technological assets
Empower Myanmar’s people so that they can access products to finance their future, fostering new lifestyles.
- MMK 1,846 billion in loans
- We spent MMK 77 million to raise customers’ awareness on financial literacy
Consider climate change a major risk that will transform and reshape Myanmar’s future and economy
- Our activities induced the emissions of 2,293 tonnes CO2 eq.
- Our energy expenditure reached MMK 1 billion
Tackle corruption and support the development of Myanmar institutions
- 100% of our customers looking for a loan should comply with our AML, CFT and Environmental & Social Policies
- MMK 250 million were donated to various philanthropic organisations
- We paid MMK 8,134 million to the government in tax